Tasmanian Historical Rail

Historical timber trams, narrow gauge mining and timber steam locos in the once-Van-Diemen's-Land island State.
Tasmanian Main Line Railway. Unissued, Registered London, The (British) company built the railway between Hobart Town and Launceston from 1873.

Tasmanian Main Line Railway. Unissued, Registered London, The (British) company built the railway between Hobart Town and Launceston from 1873.

Johnson, W. R. B. Tasmanian Government Railways locomotive B7 at Fitzgerald with a passenger train from Hobart, Tasmania, 1 March 1937

Johnson, W. R. B. Tasmanian Government Railways locomotive B7 at Fitzgerald with a passenger train from Hobart, Tasmania, 1 March 1937

Wee Georgie Wood standing at Tullah, with driver Bill Winskill looking out of the cab.

Wee Georgie Wood standing at Tullah, with driver Bill Winskill looking out of the cab.

Wee Georgie Wood photographed at  Boco Creek.

Wee Georgie Wood photographed at Boco Creek.

Krauss Mount Lyell No.10 in 1969 which was stored at Launceston Roundhouse on KG18 for a few years before being loaned to the Tasmanian Steam Preservation Society for use on their private Second River Tramway near Karoola. The loco is now on display inside the old TGR Launceston Workshops campus of Queen Victoria Museum.

Krauss Mount Lyell No.10 in 1969 which was stored at Launceston Roundhouse on KG18 for a few years before being loaned to the Tasmanian Steam Preservation Society for use on their private Second River Tramway near Karoola. The loco is now on display inside the old TGR Launceston Workshops campus of Queen Victoria Museum.

Mt Lyell Railway's Dubs (1896) Abt system rack-locomotive arrives in Strahan Tasmania with copper from Queenstown mines 1962.

Mt Lyell Railway's Dubs (1896) Abt system rack-locomotive arrives in Strahan Tasmania with copper from Queenstown mines 1962.

This 914mm gauge 0-4-0T locomotive (b/n 2043) was delivered to the Mount Bischoff Tin Mining Company in Tasmania in 1880.

This 914mm gauge 0-4-0T locomotive (b/n 2043) was delivered to the Mount Bischoff Tin Mining Company in Tasmania in 1880.

5682 1907 2/3(2-4-0) 610 40 IV bn L 1907 - Sandfly Colliery Co. 1908 - Tasmanian Wallsend Colliery Co. 1916 - Tasmanian Government/Kingsborough Council.9 1922 - Carbide & Electro Products Co., Ida Bay quarry. c.1948 - dismantled. 1962 - Boiler, tanks,cylinders & cab combined with frame etc. of 5800 by Tasmanian Steam Preservation Society.

5682 1907 2/3(2-4-0) 610 40 IV bn L 1907 - Sandfly Colliery Co. 1908 - Tasmanian Wallsend Colliery Co. 1916 - Tasmanian Government/Kingsborough Council.9 1922 - Carbide & Electro Products Co., Ida Bay quarry. c.1948 - dismantled. 1962 - Boiler, tanks,cylinders & cab combined with frame etc. of 5800 by Tasmanian Steam Preservation Society.

5800 1907 2/2 610 40 IV bo L 1907 - Zeehan Tramway Co. No.2 (T). 1918 - Dunkley Bros Zeehan.12 c.1935 - RJ Howard.9 c.1952 - Renison Associated Tin Mines Ltd (T). 1959 - Boiler & parts used to recondition No.4087, remainder stored.9 1962 - Tasmanian Steam Preservation Society. Restored to working order using parts of 5682. Used on the Second River Tramway at Karoola, then on the Redwater Creek Tramway at Sheffield.

5800 1907 2/2 610 40 IV bo L 1907 - Zeehan Tramway Co. No.2 (T). 1918 - Dunkley Bros Zeehan.12 c.1935 - RJ Howard.9 c.1952 - Renison Associated Tin Mines Ltd (T). 1959 - Boiler & parts used to recondition No.4087, remainder stored.9 1962 - Tasmanian Steam Preservation Society. Restored to working order using parts of 5682. Used on the Second River Tramway at Karoola, then on the Redwater Creek Tramway at Sheffield.

Krauss Locomotive, Queenstown, 1963.

Krauss Locomotive, Queenstown, 1963.

Pinterest
Search