Spøttrup Borg (Spøttrup Castle), northwest of Skive, northern Jutland, Denmark... www.castlesandmanorhouses.com ... Built by the Bishop of Viborg and the Danish Crown from around 1521. East and north wings followed between 1525 and 1530. After a fire in 1937, the state decided to acquire the castle. Restoration work was completed in 1941, and it was opened as a museum in 1941. It is open to visitors from mid-April to the end of October.