Pinterest

The Lost Street: Princes St, views

12 Pins29 Followers
The Lost Street: a project for the Expanded Architecture at The Rocks residency 2013. #rockspopup
Princes St looking south from near Essex St. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

Princes St looking south from near Essex St.

Princes St looking north. Sept 1901. Rocks Resumption photographic survey. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

Princes St looking north.

Princes St looking south. Rocks Resumption photographic survey. 31/10/1901. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

Looking south on Princes Street, The Rocks 1901 Via State Records NSW

Princes St looking north from no. 39 1/2. Rocks Resumption photographic survey. Nos 35 and 33 1/2 demolished as part of resumption. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

Princes St looking north from no. Nos 35 and 33 demolished as part of resumption.

Princes St looking south from corner of Essex St. Rocks Resumption photographic survey.11/09/1901. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

Princes St looking south from corner of Essex St.

Princes St looking south from no. 6. Rocks Resumption photographic survey, 31/10/1901. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

Princes St looking south from no.

West side of Princes St between Essex and Little Essex St. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

West side of Princes St between Essex and Little Essex St.

Princes St looking south. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

Princes St looking south.

Princes St (foreground) with Circular Quay (bgnd) from the Observatory, Sydney. American & Australasian Photographic Company. 1870-75.

Princes St (foreground) with Circular Quay (bgnd) from the Observatory, Sydney.

Princes St looking south from no. 69. Rocks Resumption photographic survey. Sept 1901. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

Princes St looking south from no.

Princes St looking south from near Essex St. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

Princes St looking south from near Essex St.


More ideas
Princes St (foreground) with Circular Quay (bgnd) from the Observatory, Sydney. American & Australasian Photographic Company. 1870-75.

Princes St (foreground) with Circular Quay (bgnd) from the Observatory, Sydney.

Princes St looking south. State Records NSW - Photo Investigator

Princes St looking south.

Purging Pestilence - Plague! - State Records NSW - Digital Gallery

Bubonic Plague in Sydney [Rear of unidentified butcher's yard with adjacent outhouses] from Views taken during Cleansing Operations, Quarantine Area, Sydney, 1900

These children were photographed standing outside the White Star hotel on the corner of Bettington and Merriman Streets, Millers Point, in Sydney c. 1901. This photograph appears to part of  the 1901 Rocks Resumption Photographic Survey.  The purpose of the survey was to document the buildings, however, many of the images show people, particularly children, who appear fascinated by the photographer’s presence and eager to appear in a photograph.

These children were photographed standing outside the White Star hotel on the…

Albion Street Surry Hills, 1911.  Harold Cazneaux

Albion Street, Surry Hills, by Harold Cazneaux (New Zealand, Australia 30 Mar 1878 – 19 Jun

Harold Cazneaux (New Zealand, Australia 1878–1953)  A Surry Hills alleyway  Alternative title:  After school  1911  gelatin silver photograph

Once a slum immortalised in The Harp in the South by Ruth Park. Now achingly trendy. Great architecture, tree lined streets and marvellous boutiques. An image of A Surry Hills alleyway by Harold Cazneaux, 1911

The John Simpson store in Cumberland Place at The Rocks in Sydney was run by John Simpson and his sister, Esther. The crossed anchor and shovel painted above the door indicated that the mixed grocery business supplied mariners and immigrants headed inland in search of gold as well as the local residents. Signs that used visual images told all prospective customers, literate or not, of the merchandise that might be found within. appears to be part of the 1901 Rocks Resumption Photographic…

The John Simpson store in Cumberland Place at The Rocks in Sydney was run by John Simpson and his sister, Esther. The crossed anchor and shovel painted above the door indicated that the mixed grocery business supplied mariners and immigrants headed inland in search of gold as well as the local residents. Signs that used visual images told all prospective customers, literate or not, of the merchandise that might be found within. appears to be part of the 1901 Rocks Resumption Photographic…

Jubilee School on lower Campbell St,Surry Hills in Sydney in 1912.The school was a ragged school,one that was organised by charitable institutions for destituted children.

Jubilee School on lower Campbell St,Surry Hills in Sydney in The school was a ragged school, one that was organised by charitable institutions for destitute children.

Stanwell Park

South Wales,Sydney Australia,Sorting,Family History,Postcards,Coast

Photograph album of Eveleigh Workshops during the 1917 railway strike - At Dinner by State Records NSW, via Flickr

Photograph album of Eveleigh Workshops during the 1917 railway strike - At…

View from `Hilton', residence of John Rae, Liverpool Street, Darlinghurst

Darlinghurst and the surrounds in eastern Sydney in the early