"Parkhall", Douglas Park NSW. A two storey Gothic Revival sandstone house (c. 1842-4) built for the Surveyor General Sir Thomas Livingston Mitchell, to a design from Francis Goodwin's 'Rural Architecture' and supervised by James Hume. There is a fine geometrical stone stair with cast iron balusters, several original chimney pieces, and Mitchell Arms on the eastern gable. An arcade, tower and chapel were added sometime after 1860, Blacket being commissioned to add the arcade.
This Butler Sandstone achitectual features was designed with the customer and then handcut in our dimensional stone shop. It is on a home in Upper Arlington, Ohio. For more home decor ideas visit www.langstone.com