The area of Putney was originally known as Eastern Farms and then as Kissing Point by the British colonists. It was of one the first areas of British settlement in the colony. One of the earliest settlers within the present day suburb was the brewer James Squire who settled there in 1792. A cable ferry was opened in 1928, and was officially called the Mortlake Ferry. It is now the home of the last surviving punt in the Sydney metropolitan area.
23 Pins121 Followers