Charles Nettleton Bourke Street Melbourne c.1880 Charles Nettleton born England 1825, arrived Australia 1854, died 1902 Bourke Street Melbourne, looking west from Swanston Street, showing south side of the street c.1880 albumen silver photograph

Charles Nettleton Bourke Street Melbourne Charles Nettleton born England arrived Australia died 1902 Bourke Street Melbourne, looking west from Swanston Street, showing south side of the street albumen silver photograph

Bourke Street Melbourne 1880

Charles Nettleton Bourke Street Melbourne Charles Nettleton born England arrived Australia died 1902 Bourke Street Melbourne, looking west from Swanston Street, showing south side of the street albumen silver photograph

This is a great pic to double click to see details. And what an empty old town! Melbourne - Princes Bridge Hotel - better known as Young and Jacksons. Cnr Swanston and Flinders Street. 1977. On the left the Former State Electricity Commission (SEC) Buildings: 238 Flinders Street (built 1936). photo John T. Collins.

Melbourne - Princes Bridge Hotel - better known as Young and Jacksons. Cnr Swanston and Flinders Street. On the left the Former State Electricity Commission (SEC) Buildings: 238 Flinders Street (built photo John T.

The first exhibition building for Melbourne, demolished to make way for the Royal Mint on William Street.

Historic William Street in B & W : Nostalgia Board - Melbourne, Victorian & Australian Architecture Topics

Adelaide Steamship Company, Currie Street, 1917 by State Library of South Australia, via Flickr

Adelaide Steamship Company, Currie Street, 1917 by State Library of South Australia, via Flickr

Old Paddy's Market started in 1847 and was later renamed The Eastern Market. It was located south-west corner of Bourke and Stephen (Exhibition) Street. http://www.walkingmelbourne.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=401

Old Paddy's Market started in 1847 and was later renamed The Eastern Market. It was located at the south-west corner of Bourke and Stephen (Exhibition) Streets.

Chapel Street

Astor Theatre, Chapel Street, St Kilda, with the North Richmond No. 78 tram going past

St James' Old Cathedral, Melbourne's first Anglican Cathedral, completed in 1851 near the corner of William and Collins Streets. It was dismantled and moved to West Melbourne, where it still stands, in 1913

St James Cathedral, Melbourne's first Anglican Cathedral, completed in 1851 near the corner of William and Collins Streets. It was dismantled and moved to West Melbourne in where it still stands.

[G. Damman & Co., Tobacconist, Cnr. Swanston & Collins Streets, Melbourne] [picture] / Lyle Fowler., State Library of Victoria

Damman & Co. Swanston & Collins Streets, Melbourne] picture by Lyle Fowler.

Pinterest
Search