The beloved seat of Henry VIII's court, sprawled elegantly beside the languid waters of the Thames, Hampton Court Palace really gives you two for the price of one: the magnificent Tudor red-brick mansion, begun in 1514 by Cardinal Wolsey to curry favor with the young Henry, and the larger 17th-century baroque building, which was partly designed by Christopher Wren (of St. Paul's fame).

The beloved seat of Henry VIII's court, sprawled elegantly beside the languid waters of the Thames, Hampton Court Palace

Hampton Court Unicorn, Richmond upon Thames, London

Greater London, Hampton Court, Richmond upon Thames.nooo it's not in Richmond.Hampton Court Palace is in East Molesey, Middlesex - you take the train to Hampton Court, walk across the bridge over the River Thames.

Bungarribee House, Doonside, NSW Australia was built on sacred Aboriginal land by Major John Campbell in 1824. The homestead was built by convicts, many of whom died during the construction. As the house was nearing completion in 1826, Campbell’s wife died and a year later so did Campbell. Following Campbell’s death, the house was auctioned and was bought by Thomas Icely. The property was used as a horse stud. Iceley's wife claimed there was an evil prescence in the house and refused to…

Bungarribee House, Doonside, NSW Australia was built on sacred Aboriginal land by Major John Campbell in 1824. The homestead was built by convicts, many of whom died during the construction. As the house was nearing completion in 1826, Campbell’s wife died and a year later so did Campbell. Following Campbell’s death, the house was auctioned and was bought by Thomas Icely. The property was used as a horse stud. Iceley's wife claimed there was an evil prescence in the house and refused to…

Old Government House is the oldest remaining public building in Australia. Every Governor from Phillip to Fitzroy spent some time in residence at Parramatta with Governor Brisbane making this his permanent home in the colony.

Old Government House is the oldest remaining public building in Australia. Every Governor from Phillip to Fitzroy spent some time in residence at Parramatta with Governor Brisbane making this his permanent home in the colony.

The Doctors House, Windsor, NSW. So called because doctors have occupied parts of it since 1876. The site was originally occupied by an inn called The Lord Nelson which was built in 1819. The present building was constructed in 1844 and is one of the finest examples of a colonial terrace building in Australia.

The Doctors House, Windsor, NSW. So called because doctors have occupied parts of it since 1876. The site was originally occupied by an inn called The Lord Nelson which was built in 1819. The present building was constructed in 1844 and is one of the finest examples of a colonial terrace building in Australia.

St Matthew's Windsor, Hawkesbury River, designed by Francis Greenway

Joseph Baylis's wife Ann died 21 Dec 1826 and is buried at St Matthew's.

Neath Castle was one of the minor Norman castles in the lordship of Glamorgan. Like the Romans before them, the Normans chose this strategic spot guarding the river crossing for a stronghold. The main surviving feature of the castle is the great twin-towered gatehouse on its west side.

Neath Castle was one of the minor Norman castles in the lordship of Glamorgan. Like the Romans before them, the Normans chose this strategic spot guarding the river crossing for a stronghold. The main surviving feature of the castle is the great twin-towered gatehouse on its west side.

When Ebenezer Church was built in 1809 one half of the building was used as a schoolroom. Classes commenced for local children in 1810, and continued until 1874 when the school moved to state control. It was known as Portland Head Provisional School, but classes were still held in the church until the new school, Ebenezer Public School, was built in Coromandel Road in 1887. Ebenezer Church is recognised as the oldest existing school building in Australia.

When Ebenezer Church was built in 1809 one half of the building was used as a schoolroom. Classes commenced for local children in 1810, and continued until 1874 when the school moved to state control. It was known as Portland Head Provisional School, but classes were still held in the church until the new school, Ebenezer Public School, was built in Coromandel Road in 1887. Ebenezer Church is recognised as the oldest existing school building in Australia.

Pinterest
Search