Grafton Court House, Victoria Street, c.1890's. - Photo by Carl Ehlers. Extracted from : "The City of Grafton" a 1981 CRHS Publication. In1860 tenders were called for the construction of a new Court House. This was completed in 1861. The building was of handmade sandstock bricks with stone cornices and blocking with a shingled roof, and was sited at the corner of Duke and Victoria Streets.