Sydney Electric Train named The Fish, at Central Station 1960s, there was another called (of course) The Chips & another hauled by an electric loco called The Heron.

Sydney Electric Train named The Fish, at Central Station 1960s, there was another called (of course) The Chips & another hauled by an electric loco called The Heron.

Locomotive 2022 on train for Kurrajong departing Richmond in January 1940 [picture]

Locomotive 2022 on train for Kurrajong departing Richmond in January 1940 [picture]

Sydney-1947 tram map

Sydney-1947 tram map

A new Trolley bus and the last tram in 1937 at Railway Parade,Kogarah in southern Sydney.

A new Trolley bus and the last tram in 1937 at Railway Parade,Kogarah in southern Sydney.

Petersham, Trafalgar St, 1958 > 2015 [N Reed and Stphen Thomas. By Stephen Thomas]

Petersham, Trafalgar St, 1958 > 2015 [N Reed and Stphen Thomas. By Stephen Thomas]

Corner of #Enmore & Addison Rd, #Marrickville, c1951 & 2017. Enmore Park on the left was the first park established in the Marrickville Municipality. Photo: Andy Wenman .. #sydney #history http://fat.ly/xasS (Instagram Image from @beliefmedia, 15th Februa

Corner of #Enmore & Addison Rd, #Marrickville, c1951 & 2017. Enmore Park on the left was the first park established in the Marrickville Municipality. Photo: Andy Wenman .. #sydney #history http://fat.ly/xasS (Instagram Image from @beliefmedia, 15th Februa

Map showing trams in the west and southwest of Sydney at maximum extent 1922 (created 2008) | The Dictionary of Sydney

Map showing trams in the west and southwest of Sydney at maximum extent 1922 (created 2008) | The Dictionary of Sydney

Petite ceinture buttes chaumont 1933 jms - Chemin de fer de Petite Ceinture - Wikipedia

Petite ceinture buttes chaumont 1933 jms - Chemin de fer de Petite Ceinture - Wikipedia

Petite ceinture buttes chaumont 1933 jms - Chemin de fer de Petite Ceinture - Wikipedia

Petite ceinture buttes chaumont 1933 jms - Chemin de fer de Petite Ceinture - Wikipedia


More ideas
Salvation Army Training College, Petersham 1920s <<>> 2017 Residential Area/Apartments. ["A Pictorial History of Marrickville" / Marrickville Council and History Archive Centre > Andy Wenman. By Andy Prendergast]

Salvation Army Training College, Petersham 1920s <<>> 2017 Residential Area/Apartments. ["A Pictorial History of Marrickville" / Marrickville Council and History Archive Centre > Andy Wenman. By Andy Prendergast]

Seymours Store, corner Marrickville Road and Victoria Road

Seymours Store, corner Marrickville Road and Victoria Road

Photograph of the Kings Theatre at Marrickville showing the exterior of the theatre building. Taken by Sam Hood on 30 July 1937. From the Mitchell Library, State Library of New South Wales : http://www.acmssearch.sl.nsw.gov.au/search/itemDetailPaged.cgi?itemID=11213

Photograph of the Kings Theatre at Marrickville showing the exterior of the theatre building. Taken by Sam Hood on 30 July 1937. From the Mitchell Library, State Library of New South Wales : http://www.acmssearch.sl.nsw.gov.au/search/itemDetailPaged.cgi?itemID=11213

A derailed Marrickville-to-Circular Quay tram runs into house at Redfern, 6 September 1934, photograph by Sam Hood. Find more informatio about this photograph: http://acms.sl.nsw.gov.au/item/itemDetailPaged.aspx?itemID=42426. From the collections of the Mitchell Library, State Library of New South Wales www.sl.nsw.gov.au...

A derailed Marrickville-to-Circular Quay tram runs into house at Redfern, 6 September 1934, photograph by Sam Hood. Find more informatio about this photograph: http://acms.sl.nsw.gov.au/item/itemDetailPaged.aspx?itemID=42426. From the collections of the Mitchell Library, State Library of New South Wales www.sl.nsw.gov.au...

The Marrickville Cottage Hospital was designed by Morgan & Josephson Architects with the foundation stone laid by Governor Hampden in April 1897. Consisting of two buildings, one fronting Lilydale Street and another behind, the hospital opened 10 June, 1899. In 1902 an isolation wing was added to the rear block (possibly resulting from the bubonic outbreak of 1900) & a second building was placed on the front block in 1905. In 1913 the two buildings on the front block were joined by the…

The Marrickville Cottage Hospital was designed by Morgan & Josephson Architects with the foundation stone laid by Governor Hampden in April 1897. Consisting of two buildings, one fronting Lilydale Street and another behind, the hospital opened 10 June, 1899. In 1902 an isolation wing was added to the rear block (possibly resulting from the bubonic outbreak of 1900) & a second building was placed on the front block in 1905. In 1913 the two buildings on the front block were joined by the…

Kings Theatre at Marrickville, Sydney. Night shot showing illuminated exterior, 1937 / photographer Sam Hood by State Library of New South Wales collection, via Flickr

Kings Theatre at Marrickville, Sydney. Night shot showing illuminated exterior, 1937 / photographer Sam Hood by State Library of New South Wales collection, via Flickr

Marrickville Rd, Dulwich Hill, 1936

Marrickville Rd, Dulwich Hill, 1936

~The Warren ~ located at Marrickville. Being used for Government (Artillery WW1) Photo by Mr.D.W.Weekers 24/3/1916.  Owned by Thomas Holt who also had~ Holt House~ in Sylvania. And figure in the development of the Sutherland Shire.

~The Warren ~ located at Marrickville. Being used for Government (Artillery WW1) Photo by Mr.D.W.Weekers 24/3/1916. Owned by Thomas Holt who also had~ Holt House~ in Sylvania. And figure in the development of the Sutherland Shire.

Marrickville Heritage: Marrickville - a suburb history

Marrickville Heritage: Marrickville - a suburb history

Dairy at the corner of Carrington Rd and Ruby St,Marrickville in inner Sydney in 1899.

Dairy at the corner of Carrington Rd and Ruby St,Marrickville in inner Sydney in 1899.

Pinterest
Search