Oxford Street from Hyde Park before the street was widened, and when it was paved in...wood! (c.1910)

Oxford Street, View up the wood-paved Oxford Street from Hyde Park in just before the widening of the street. You can see all the way up to Taylor Square.

On a misty day in 1930, high over the ships in the harbour, the two halves of the Harbour Bridge are almost ready to be joined.

On a misty day in high over the ships in the harbour, the two halves of the Sydney Harbour Bridge are almost ready to be joined.

A Tram travels up William Street towards Kings Cross. Date 1930

A Tram travels up William Street, Sydney towards Kings Cross. Photo dated v

The old Sydney Terminal (Redfern) Railway Station in 1900 looking north.The Benevolent Asylum can be seen in the far left of the picture.The two platforms of this main station building were located level with the current platforms 5 & 6.Photo from National Library of Australia.A♥W

station near the eastern border of U. - perhaps the one Rin escaped to? [The old Sydney Terminal (Redfern) Railway Station in 1900 looking north.

View of the ferry wharves at Circular Quay (NSW)] | by State Records NSW

View of the ferry wharves at Circular Quay, Sydney Dated: ca. 1 January 1950 Photo shared by the Maritime Services Board.

Stables in Paddington, Sydney 1900 From a series of images showing the areas in…

Stables in Paddington, Sydney 1900 From a series of images showing the areas in…

Dawes Point Battery. Built in 1789, demolished in 1925 to make way for the Harbour Bridge. One of the greatest concerns was the safety of the colony of NSW was water supply, the other was military security. Governor Phillip established a fort on Dawes Point and redeployed 12 cannons from the ship Sirius to arm the fort which looked over the colony and the harbour.  Photo source: Daily Telegraph

Dawes Point Battery. Built in 1789, demolished in 1925 to make way for the Harbour Bridge. One of the greatest concerns was the safety of the colony of NSW was water supply, the other was military security. Governor Phillip established a fort on Dawes Point and redeployed 12 cannons from the ship Sirius to arm the fort which looked over the colony and the harbour. Photo source: Daily Telegraph

Pinterest
Search