Arado Ar 234 Blitz.The only surviving Arado 234 is at the Smithsonian Institute. It is an Ar 234 B-2 and served with bomber unit KG 76 from December 1944 until May 1945. It was captured in Norway by British forces and turned over to US Forces. In 1946, it was brought to Wright Field, Ohio for flight testing. In 1949, it was transferred to the Smithsonian and underwent a five year restoration from 1984 to 1989.