Manor Farm estate is named after Manor Farm and Manor House, which were built by William Hallett in 1850-5, on land acquired from the Marquess of Bristol. There was an army encampment in the area from 1906 until the solders left for the First World War. An annual garden party was held in the grounds of the manor house in the 1920s.
Hanham Court between Bristol and Bath, UK - is a medieval ensemble of court, church and tithe barn. The manor was given to Keynsham Abbey in around 1330. Features include surviving walled orchards, fish ponds, mature lime avenues, 20th-century tree planting and herbaceous borders. There is historic woodland and field archaeology to the south of the house. A tithe barn (listed grade II) probably dates from the 15th century.