If you know a poison ivy sufferer, have them TRY THIS! To quickly rid yourself of poison ivy/oak/sumac you must eliminate the oils from the plant. OTC meds only relieve discomfort. To completely make it go away, you have to make the oils go away. The oils from the plant stay w/you as the liquid seepage in the rash) and the more it seeps, the more you can spread it and hold onto the rash. Scrub yourself & sheets/clothes affected in Dawn daily. The poison will dry right up & go away!
Never camp without it! Can be found at most grocery stores, or pharmacies cheap! For poison ivy, oak & sumac, wash with this & it will cut the oils that cause reaction on your body & prevent it from spreading on other parts of your body. This stuff works great!