1957 David. An original, blank-sheet-of-paper design, featured a motor mounted behind, and turned with, the front wheel, which was in turn suspended on a three-quarter-elliptic leaf spring. The gear lever, working in a huge H-slot in the dash. The characteristic large, white steering wheel (from an Auto-Union supplier) turned a large, primitive open crown-and-pinion via a Voisin-patent constant-velocity joint. The rear brake levers and cables were external.