PORSCHE 917 LH (Langheck or "Long Tail") In 1969, Porsche and their head of motorsports, Ferdinand Piëch, designed and built 25 cars to meet FIA's (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) Group 4 rules. These are 25 917s parked in front of the Porsche factory for FIA inspectors.
Jacob Lohner & Co in Vienna, Austria produced electric cars from 1898 to 1906. Ferdinand Porsche, one of Lohner´s employees developed a drive system based on fitting an electric motor to each front wheel without transmissions (hub mounted). Vehicles of this type were known as Lohner-Porsches