Kiftsgate Court Gardens is situated above the village of Mickleton, Gloucestershire. The gardens are the creation of three generations of women gardeners. Started by Heather Muir in the 1920s, continued by Diany Binny from 1950 and now looked after by Anne Chambers and her husband. Kiftsgate Court is presently the home of the Chambers family.
Phoenix: The building’s diverse program, including special security provisions, is clarified by a straight-forward organization: an L-shaped block, fronted on the western and southern limits of the site, contains federal offices; facilities such as child care, credit union, press room, library and judges’ chambers with the capacity for nineteen District Courts and four Magistrate Courts. A cafeteria on the second floor looks onto a garden on the western side of the site.