Installation of a gas line for Southern California Gas Company along San Fernando Road, 1910. The line was finished in 1912. By 1913, gas was being transported from the natural gas fields near Taft, California to the Burbank area. By 1924, services reached to Tujunga. Glendale Central Public Library. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Detroit City Gas Company gas coke delivery wagon and workers. Circa 1912. There are some interesting details on the Packard truck theyre driving. Particularly the wood framed glass windshield and the squeezable bulb horn.