Guisborough Priory - The glory of Guisborough is the solitary but magnificent east end of the church of the Augustinian Priory of St Mary founded in 1119 by Robert De Brus. On 16th May, 1289, disaster struck when the church was completely destroyed by fire consuming books, plate and vestments - evidential scorch marks from the blaze can still be seen on the paving between the pillars.
Guisborough is a market town and civil parish in the county of North Yorkshire within an unitary authority of Redcar and Cleveland and in the Tees Valley region of the North East of England. For ceremonial purposes it is in the ceremonial county of North Yorkshire. The population of the Guisborough ward in the Redcar and Cleveland unitary authority taken at the 2011 census was 7,622. alf beard - Pictures of England Royalty Free Stock Photos