Head's Mill, in Hall County, GA, was last remodeled during the Great Depression by then-owner F.H. Turner, who replaced its wooden water wheel and millrace with metal. By the end of WW II in 1945, however, the availability of electricity throughout rural Hall County, combined with a booming manufacturing economy and increased availability of store-bought dry goods, had all but eliminated demand for hydraulic power.
Located in County Clare, Bunratty Castle, one of Ireland's well-known castles, is Ireland's most complete standing medieval fortress. The castle consists of a main building with three floors and a great hall, and two large square towers which contain the rooms once used by the castle's residents.