The Kennedy Compound 1095 N. Ocean Blvd. Palm Beach, FL 33480 The 11-bedroom home called “La Guerida” which means “bounty of war”, served as the “Winter White House” during the John F. Kennedy administration. Originally built in 1923, the house was sold in 1933 to Joseph Kennedy as a family vacation home for $120,000. It was totally renovated in the 1990s and went on the market in 1993 for $7million. It finally sold in 1995 for nearly $5million to New York banker John K. Castle.