Classic Marques - Chalmers Motors

Chalmers Motor Company was an American automobile company located in Detroit, Michigan. It was named after Hugh Chalmers of the National Cash Register Company. The Chalmers was formed when Hugh Chalmers bought out the interests of ER Thomas in the Thomas-Detroit company in 1908, and renamed the company Chalmers-Detroit. The name was changed to Chalmers in 1911. Chalmers flourished in the 1910s.
31 Pins149 Followers
1911 Chalmers Thirty Pony Tonneau

1911 Chalmers Thirty Pony Tonneau

1915 Chalmers "Light Six" Model 26 5-passenger Touring Car

1915 Chalmers "Light Six" Model 26 5-passenger Touring Car

1913 Chalmers Model 17 36HP Five-Passenger Tourer - Chalmers was formed in 1908 when Hugh Chalmers bought out ER Thomas from Thomas-Detroit. Early cars were badged Chalmers-Detroit, before becoming just Chalmers in 1911. The marque lasted through 1924 after merging with Maxwell in 1922.

1913 Chalmers Model 17 36HP Five-Passenger Tourer - Chalmers was formed in 1908 when Hugh Chalmers bought out ER Thomas from Thomas-Detroit. Early cars were badged Chalmers-Detroit, before becoming just Chalmers in 1911. The marque lasted through 1924 after merging with Maxwell in 1922.

1908 Chalmers-Detroit Advertisement

1908 Chalmers-Detroit Advertisement

Pinterest
Search