Classic Marques - Wartburg
The Wartburg was a car marque manufactured in East Germany. The name "Wartburg" derives from Wartburg Castle on one of the hills overlooking the town of Eisenach where the cars were manufactured. From the 1950s, Wartburgs had a three-cylinder two-stroke engine with only seven major moving parts. The marque goes back to 1885, and continued in production until 1991, when German reunification spelt its end. The two-stroke engine had been replaced by a four stroke Volkswagen engine in 1988.
17 Pins148 Followers