James Meehan’s Home, Macquarie Fields House in Glenfield in southwestern Sydney (year unknown).

James Meehan’s Home, Macquarie Fields House in Glenfield in southwestern Sydney (year unknown).

The stables of John Oxley's Kirkham property,in south western Sydney (year unknown).The 1816 Colonial Georgian Kirkham Stables building is one of the oldest stable and farm buildings in Australia.The stables are functionalist and rectangular in form with symmetrical elevations.The stables and the foundations of the original single storey house which was used to make up the foundations of Camelot House are the only parts of the original property.

The stables of John Oxley's Kirkham property,in south western Sydney (year unknown).The 1816 Colonial Georgian Kirkham Stables building is one of the oldest stable and farm buildings in Australia.The stables are functionalist and rectangular in form with symmetrical elevations.The stables and the foundations of the original single storey house which was used to make up the foundations of Camelot House are the only parts of the original property.

Camelot House at Kirkham, suburb of the Macarthur Region of Sydney in 1900.Camelot was designed by the Canadian-born architect John Horbury Hunt for James White,New South Wales politician and great-uncle of Patrick White.It was built c.a. 1888,on the site of John Oxley's old Kirkham Mill and partly on its foundations.It was originally called Kirkham.The name was changed to Camelot by a new owner, Frances Faithful-Anderson in 1900.

Camelot House at Kirkham, suburb of the Macarthur Region of Sydney in 1900.Camelot was designed by the Canadian-born architect John Horbury Hunt for James White,New South Wales politician and great-uncle of Patrick White.It was built c.a. 1888,on the site of John Oxley's old Kirkham Mill and partly on its foundations.It was originally called Kirkham.The name was changed to Camelot by a new owner, Frances Faithful-Anderson in 1900.

JAMES RUSE | 'Born on 9 August 1759 and baptised at Lawhitton near Launceston in Cornwall. He was the former convict who grew the earliest wheat crops in Australia at Parramatta in 1790. He spent his last years near Campbelltown and was buried there. The first mill built in the Campbelltown district was constructed by Ruse and is still there.' ✫ღ⊰n

The previous pinner, Kathleen Warland, wrote: 'James Ruse - My great great great great great grandfather - First Fleeter & Australia's first farmer'.

The convict built gates to Macquarie Field Estate in southwestern Sydney (year unknown).Macquarie Field House was constructed in the late 1830s or early 1840s. George Fairfowl Macarthur headmaster of St Mark's Collegiate School Darling Point moved his school and family to Macquarie Field House in 1858.The gateway was built in the late 1820s.

The convict built gates to Macquarie Field Estate in southwestern Sydney (year unknown).Macquarie Field House was constructed in the late 1830s or early 1840s. George Fairfowl Macarthur headmaster of St Mark's Collegiate School Darling Point moved his school and family to Macquarie Field House in 1858.The gateway was built in the late 1820s.

Camelot (Horbury Hunt mansion of Mrs White, owner of the racehorse Chester), Camden c1905

Camelot / John Horbury Hunt architect / mansion of Mrs White, owner of the racehorse Chester, Camden

Corner of Queen and Lithgow Streets,Campbelltown,in southwestern Sydney in 1900.

Corner of Queen and Lithgow Streets,Campbelltown,in southwestern Sydney in 1900.

Cobbity Bridge,at Cobbity in southwestern Sydney in the 1920s.

Cobbity Bridge,at Cobbity in southwestern Sydney in the 1920s.

Cooks Garage on Argyle St, Camden the route of the Hume Highway through the town in 1936.

Cooks Garage on Argyle St, Camden the route of the Hume Highway through the town in 1936.

Pinterest
Search