Kiama railway station. c1900. An early type locomotive with two early carriages.On the opposite side of the platform stand more recent corridor carriages used in those days for excursion trains.

Kiama railway station. c1900. An early type locomotive with two early carriages.On the opposite side of the platform stand more recent corridor carriages used in those days for excursion trains.

Racing on Seven Mile Beach Gerringong in the 1920's

Racing on Seven Mile Beach Gerringong in the 1920's

Kiama Hospital. c1880s. The foundation stone was laid on September 22, 1886 after a great procession up Terralong and Hothersall Streets. Six hundred were present, including several members of Parliament. The first patients admitted in May 1887 were four typhoid cases, one of whom died in June. The first matron was Miss Barron from Carcoar. The hospital was officially opened on Saturday May 21, 1887.

Kiama Hospital. c1880s. The foundation stone was laid on September 22, 1886 after a great procession up Terralong and Hothersall Streets. Six hundred were present, including several members of Parliament. The first patients admitted in May 1887 were four typhoid cases, one of whom died in June. The first matron was Miss Barron from Carcoar. The hospital was officially opened on Saturday May 21, 1887.

Issues time at Kiama Library. c2000

Issues time at Kiama Library. c2000

Elephants in Manning Street, Kiama. c1960.

Elephants in Manning Street, Kiama. c1960.

http://www.library.kiama.nsw.gov.au/newlibrary/images/local-history/kiama-images/stories/gerringong-rifle-club.jpg

http://www.library.kiama.nsw.gov.au/newlibrary/images/local-history/kiama-images/stories/gerringong-rifle-club.jpg

http://www.library.kiama.nsw.gov.au/images/stories/libraryimages/local-history/localhistory/fern-street-gerringong.jpg

http://www.library.kiama.nsw.gov.au/images/stories/libraryimages/local-history/localhistory/fern-street-gerringong.jpg

http://www.library.kiama.nsw.gov.au/images/stories/libraryimages/local-history/localhistory/car-bush-track.jpg

http://www.library.kiama.nsw.gov.au/images/stories/libraryimages/local-history/localhistory/car-bush-track.jpg

http://www.library.kiama.nsw.gov.au/newlibrary/images/local-history/kiama-images/stories/Kiama__Post_Office_Corner_1880s.jpg

http://www.library.kiama.nsw.gov.au/newlibrary/images/local-history/kiama-images/stories/Kiama__Post_Office_Corner_1880s.jpg

Kiama Library - Kiama, NSW - Library | Historical walking tour

Kiama Library - Kiama, NSW - Library | Historical walking tour


More ideas
http://www.library.kiama.nsw.gov.au/newlibrary/images/local-history/kiama-images/stories/Kiama__Post_Office_Corner_1880s.jpg

http://www.library.kiama.nsw.gov.au/newlibrary/images/local-history/kiama-images/stories/Kiama__Post_Office_Corner_1880s.jpg

Kiama Library - Kiama, NSW - Library | Historical walking tour

Kiama Library - Kiama, NSW - Library | Historical walking tour

Shellharbour's Local History Blog: Your Memories- On the way to Dunmore c1890

Shellharbour's Local History Blog: Your Memories- On the way to Dunmore c1890

Hudson Bros, Hill End, NSW shows the complete stock of a typical builder's yard in 1872:  galvanised iron, staircase uprights, and ready-made doors, Australian ovens and casks of nails with everything dumped just as it was unloaded from the bullock waggons.

Hudson Bros, Hill End, NSW shows the complete stock of a typical builder's yard in 1872: galvanised iron, staircase uprights, and ready-made doors, Australian ovens and casks of nails with everything dumped just as it was unloaded from the bullock waggons.

A. Randall, watchmaker & jeweller, Hill End, 1872

A. Randall, watchmaker & jeweller, Hill End, 1872

Alfred Newman, auctioneer, in the building which also served as the first Post Office, Hill End, 1872

Alfred Newman, auctioneer, in the building which also served as the first Post Office, Hill End, 1872

Weight testing the new Hawkesbury River Bridge in 1946. They used two 38 class locomotives (Today's restored 3801 is now the only one remaining in its class.)

Weight testing the new Hawkesbury River Bridge in 1946. They used two 38 class locomotives (Today's restored 3801 is now the only one remaining in its class.)

The burning structure of the Glenrowan Inn just prior to it’s collapse. The bodies of Dan Kelly and Steve Hart were incinerated in one of the back rooms.

The burning structure of the Glenrowan Inn just prior to it’s collapse. The bodies of Dan Kelly and Steve Hart were incinerated in one of the back rooms.

Pinterest
Search