'Gipps' third Class Female Factory, Parramatta. Children were allowed to remain with their mothers at the Factory until they reached the age of four years at which time they were sent to Orphan Schools thereafter all contact with their children was lost until their release and often times longer depending on their circumstances. With the influx of female immigrants from the 1830s onwards, the Orphan School became too crowded to accept ‘Factory’ children and an Infant school was established.
Australia's first Female Factory, the Factory above the Gaol was located in what is now Prince Alfred Park, Parramatta, New South Wales. It was a simple log walled and thatched roof construction built in 1796 and used primarily as a place of confinement for convict re-offenders. The original construction burnt down and was replaced with a two storey stone building in 1802. This building was also damaged in a fire and again rebuilt in 1804 during Governor King's administration.
Female Factory main building. Paramatta, sydney. Elizabeth and Edwyn Statham who were the last to take up senior positions. The Stathams remained on when the Factory was proclaimed a lunatic asylum. Assistant matrons appointed to the second and third class, were often soldier's wives with monitoresses and other staff usually inmates.
The Sé Cathedral of Santa Catarina, known as Se Cathedral, is the cathedral of the Latin Rite Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Goa and Daman and the seat of the Patriarch of the East Indies. Located in Old Goa, India, the largest church in India is dedicated to Catherine of Alexandria. It is one of the oldest and most celebrated religious buildings in Goa and is one of the largest churches in Asia