1898.The Omnibus.Sydney Central was the only railway station in the Citu at this time.So the Omnibus was used to bring passengers further into town.Photo from PowerHouse Museum.

1898.The Omnibus.Sydney Central was the only railway station in the Citu at this time.So the Omnibus was used to bring passengers further into town.Photo from PowerHouse Museum.

George Street in 1920. The ladies are in their hats, gloves and long sleeves - can you believe it's January in this photo? They were sunsmart even then. #sydney #cityofsydneyarchives #history #archives

George Street in 1920. The ladies are in their hats, gloves and long sleeves - can you believe it's January in this photo? They were sunsmart even then. #sydney #cityofsydneyarchives #history #archives

Martin Place, Sydney, NSW. To see all our old postcards of Australia, visit http://oldstratforduponavon.com/australia.html

Martin Place, Sydney, NSW. To see all our old postcards of Australia, visit http://oldstratforduponavon.com/australia.html

© Harold Cazneaux, A By-way to Lower George Street, Sydney, c. 1906

© Harold Cazneaux, A By-way to Lower George Street, Sydney, c. 1906

Rain, Martin Place, Sydney, 1937 / by Sam Hood Format: Film photonegative Notes: This image is taken from the corner of the post office looking up Martin Place east towards Macquarie Street. Martin Place was closed to traffic in 1971 and is now a pedestrian mall.

Rain, Martin Place, Sydney, 1937 / by Sam Hood Format: Film photonegative Notes: This image is taken from the corner of the post office looking up Martin Place east towards Macquarie Street. Martin Place was closed to traffic in 1971 and is now a pedestrian mall.

Pitt St, Sydney c1900>2015. Strand Arcade & Soul Pattinson still face off [c1900-State Library NSW>2015-Phil Harvey. By Phil Harvey]

Pitt St, Sydney c1900>2015. Strand Arcade & Soul Pattinson still face off [c1900-State Library NSW>2015-Phil Harvey. By Phil Harvey]

The original David Jones store at corner of George and Barrack Sts in 1887.The building had one of the city's first hydraulic lifts.A♥W

The original David Jones store at corner of George and Barrack Sts in 1887.The building had one of the city's first hydraulic lifts.A♥W

Flower sellers in front of cable trams, King Street, c.1900/ Photographer Unknown

Flower sellers in front of cable trams, King Street, c.1900/ Photographer Unknown

Originally formed in the 1830s, Clyde Street, The Rocks, was one of several streets that ran down to the wharves. This spelled its end, however, as there was a need to construct 'a broad roadway' between the Darling Harbour and Circular Quay shipyards.

Originally formed in the 1830s, Clyde Street, The Rocks, was one of several streets that ran down to the wharves. This spelled its end, however, as there was a need to construct 'a broad roadway' between the Darling Harbour and Circular Quay shipyards.


More ideas
At rear of Gloucester-street, from Views taken during Cleansing Operations, Quarantine Area, Sydney, 1900, Vol. V / under the supervision of Mr George McCredie, F.I.A., N.S.W. photographed by John Degotardi Jr. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

At rear of Gloucester-street, from Views taken during Cleansing Operations, Quarantine Area, Sydney, 1900, Vol. V / under the supervision of Mr George McCredie, F.I.A., N.S.W. photographed by John Degotardi Jr. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

View of the Observatory, The Rocks, from the North Shore. [Kirribilli]

View of the Observatory, The Rocks, from the North Shore. [Kirribilli]

George Street, Sydney 1900 . Photo shared by the State Records NSW, via Flickr. v@e

George Street, Sydney 1900 . Photo shared by the State Records NSW, via Flickr. v@e

8-8A Princes Street, The Rocks. 3 December 1926. NSCA CRS 51, Demolition books, 1900-1949 NSCA CRS 51/1282 City of Sydney Archives

8-8A Princes Street, The Rocks. 3 December 1926. NSCA CRS 51, Demolition books, 1900-1949 NSCA CRS 51/1282 City of Sydney Archives

24 Nov 1926 - OLD SYDNEY. Church Hill and the Rocks. "Princes-street will disappear from the map".

OLD SYDNEY. - Church Hill and the Rocks. - The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954) - 24 Nov 1926

24 Nov 1926 - OLD SYDNEY. Church Hill and the Rocks. "Princes-street will disappear from the map".

No's. 108 and 110 Princes Street, The Rocks (NSW) - the first hotel on "The Rocks" ... Rocks Resumption photographic survey ... 31/10/1901 ... sr.nsw

No's. 108 and 110 Princes Street, The Rocks (NSW) - the first hotel on "The Rocks" ... Rocks Resumption photographic survey ... 31/10/1901 ... sr.nsw

Pinterest
Search