White Lion Hotel Cnr Walker & John St's Maryborough Originally built in 1864, by 1875 it was advertising additional accommodation at its stables, with separate forage rooms and loose boxes for the special convenience of racehorses. It was rebuilt in two stages in 1885 and 1887 and had a moment in history several decades ago when a plumber mixed up the water pipes with the lines to the keg. In the old accommodation rooms upstairs guests were startled to find themselves showering in beer.
Motor vehicles in front of Whitaker's Motor Works and the Wintergarden Theatre in Kent Street, Maryborough, ca. 1926. Shown in photograph from left to right are - Nash cars, Joe Brown with his timber truck, Walkers' Limited Leyland truck with solid rubber tyres (Sam Whitaker is leaning on the mudguard of this truck) and Harry Randall leaning on his Austin.
Brennan and Geraghty's Store Museum, Maryborough, Queensland, Australia. The old grocery store is one of only three museum stores in the world where the contents have been preserved in original condition. The collection contains more than 100,000 relics such as rusty tins from World War II, and long-forgotten Australian brands like Brasso, Super Rinso and Chief floor polish.