Restoring Tasmanian's historical machinery -There are few Tasmanian's around that know how to use steam power. Besides the tourist steam railways, steam engines are not commonplace in Tasmania, but that doesn't stop Evandale resident David von Stieglitz from spending thousands of hours and dollars restoring neglected machinery.
Norley, Longford, Tasmania. Built by by Charles Arthur in 1838.
William Saltmarsh Snr - William was born in 1770 at Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey. In 1785 at Surrey, he was convicted of stealing five handkerchiefs and arrived on the Alexander. His occupation was listed as Cooper.
Free Women Norfolk Plains (Longford Tasmania) c1823.
LIST OF PERSONS entitled to be placed on the Electoral Roll for the Return of Members for the House of Assembly for the Electoral District of Norfolk Plains 1856.
Clyne Vale, Epping Forest - Captain James Crear, A Master of the Royal Navy, was granted 700 acres when he came to Van Diemen's Land as master of the ship "Triton" from Leith in 1824. He took the property name from his wife's maiden name, Clyne.
Photo - Longford band with a procession of Court Robin Hood Foresters (Longford) and Rechabites lodgers 1890
Francis French and John Badcock Families, 175 Years In Australia by Ivan Badcock. To read about these families, click on this photo of John Badcock (1807-1890).