Pinterest
The Daniel Vaughn House (ca. 1785-1800) was purchased by the NRF in 1969 and used as architectural design and planning offices until its 1972-73 restoration.

The Daniel Vaughn House (ca. 1785-1800) was purchased by the NRF in 1969 and used as architectural design and planning offices until its 1972-73 restoration.

When the Samuel Bours House (ca. 1777)  was purchased by the NRF in 1969, the original chimney with a cook fireplace and oven was intact. In addition, some of the original doors, trim, floors, wainscoting and a stairway were also still in place. The building was restored from 1971-72.

When the Samuel Bours House (ca. 1777) was purchased by the NRF in 1969, the original chimney with a cook fireplace and oven was intact. In addition, some of the original doors, trim, floors, wainscoting and a stairway were also still in place. The building was restored from 1971-72.

Newport RI Attractions - The Point - Largest concentration of colonial homes in the nation

Newport RI Attractions - The Point - Largest concentration of colonial homes in the nation

The Joseph Record House (ca. 1835) remains on its original site at 415 Thames Street. The home was purchased by the #NRF in 1969 as a parcel with the Clarke Burdick House at 413 Thames Street. The homes were purchased as protection for the Whitehorne House museum rather than for pure architectural and historical importance.

The Joseph Record House (ca. 1835) remains on its original site at 415 Thames Street. The home was purchased by the #NRF in 1969 as a parcel with the Clarke Burdick House at 413 Thames Street. The homes were purchased as protection for the Whitehorne House museum rather than for pure architectural and historical importance.

The Dayton-James House (ca. 1758) at 88 Bridge Street, photographed in April of 2011, shortly before its December 2011 purchase by the NRF.

The Dayton-James House (ca. 1758) at 88 Bridge Street, photographed in April of 2011, shortly before its December 2011 purchase by the NRF.

The Almy-Taggart House (ca. 1710) was purchased by the NRF in 1973, and underwent restoration in 1975. There were several owners in the mid-eighteenth century, so it's unknown who enlarged the home.

The Almy-Taggart House (ca. 1710) was purchased by the NRF in 1973, and underwent restoration in 1975. There were several owners in the mid-eighteenth century, so it's unknown who enlarged the home.

The New Jersey Farm House (ca. 1800) was moved from Somerville, NJ to 72 Spring Street, where it was reconstructed and restored from 1976 to 1977.

The New Jersey Farm House (ca. 1800) was moved from Somerville, NJ to 72 Spring Street, where it was reconstructed and restored from 1976 to 1977.

Atwood Higgins House, early 1700's Cape House, Cape Cod, loved the old screens and storm windows, do NOT like the new combination ones !

Atwood Higgins House, early 1700's Cape House, Cape Cod, loved the old screens and storm windows, do NOT like the new combination ones !

The Cotton House (ca. 1720) was probably a small single-chimney house originally, but was enlarged in the mid-18th century in the Georgian style, a common occurrence in Newport, RI at that time. When it was restored in 1979-80, it maintained a significant percentage of its original fabric on both the interior and exterior.

The Cotton House (ca. 1720) was probably a small single-chimney house originally, but was enlarged in the mid-18th century in the Georgian style, a common occurrence in Newport, RI at that time. When it was restored in 1979-80, it maintained a significant percentage of its original fabric on both the interior and exterior.

The Gideon Cornell House (ca. 1765) was purchased by the NRF in 1969 and restored in 1970. A south addition was removed & the home was restored to its 18th-century footprint.

The Gideon Cornell House (ca. 1765) was purchased by the NRF in 1969 and restored in 1970. A south addition was removed & the home was restored to its 18th-century footprint.