The Wilcox was a continuation for the Wolfe that had been built from 1906-1910 by H. E. Wilcox Motor Company, Minneapolis, MN. The company was owned by brothers H. E. and John F. Wilcox, and Maurice Wolfe, hence the name Wolfe. The Wilcox It had a four-cylinder, water-cooled, Carrico engine. Sales for these cars were profitable, but in late 1910, the Wilcox Trux were more preferred and car production was stoped. H. E. Wilcox went to work for the Meteor company that had just been organized.