In 1963, inspectors stumbled upon a steamship hull buried on the north bank of the St. Johns River at Jacksonville. It belonged to the Clyde Line's steamer Osceola. The 272 foot steel vessel operated until 1928, when she was tied up and left to rot. The ship flooded and settled into mud at the river's bottom. Workman dismantled what remained of the topsides in 1937. One of the final reminders of the steamboat era.