18. One of Logitech's famous partnership is with Google TV. They started a campaign with the tagline: “TV misses you. Television is reinvented Fall 2010.” it definitely got attention of the audience, but also caused some controversy by being a little too creepy, espeically when it is coupled with Google's inherent spying potential. The ad was later pulled out.
3. In 1986, Logitech set up their branch office in Hsinchu, which is today's heart of technology park in Taiwan. They chose Taiwan for the easy access to the manufacturing parts and proved to be of great advantage for expanding into China years down the road. Andrea was 6 years old. Another coincidence? probably...
13. As Andrea became a manager at her company, she was asked to evaluate again on the possiblity of using video conferencing, since travel became common and voice conference is just not as good as face to face communication. She looked up "Top 10 Reasons Your Company Needs Video Conferencing" like this article, and is convinced to purchase one for the company. And not to her surprise, Logitech has expanded from the simple webcam - personal video communication to business video communication.
15. In Logitech effort to grow the vidoe conferencing business, they acquired LifeSize in 2009. Now Lifesize is Logitech's division, which is focused entirely on video conferencing for businesses. They recently launched Lifesize Cloud, which offers high-definition video chats with up to 25 people at once; support for desktop and mobile devices; and, most importantly, it runs entirely on the cloud. WOW~
8. As there are more and more ergonomical versions of keyboards and mice, computer peripheral companies begin to investigate the possibility of a wireless mouse. Andrea wanted to have a mouse that look sleek and hip, she referenced this articles on how people compared "Wired vs Wireless Mice". She decided to purchase a wireless mouse, which was another successful product for Logitech.
12. In 2008, Logitech had shpped their one billionth mouse! To mark the occasion, they launched a contest inviting people to track the milestone mouse on Logitech's Blog. The mouse was named Billie, Each day, Billie will post online mouse-related questions and if you get a question right and you can enter a daily drawing to win a Logitech product. Andrea enter the contest, but unfortunately she never won, but she knew more about mouse after that!
5. Lucky for Andrea there is the invention of the mouse! In 1989, Logitech introduced the S9 Mouse, the company’s first mouse designed to fit the curve of a hand instead of the old boxy shaped ones. It was also Logitech’s first mouse to include the company’s now well-known consumer logo. In Andrea's very tech-unsavvy mind, she assumed Logitech was the only, and the best, mouse brand in the world.
25. Like many large organizations, Logitech also runs CSR campaign such as this one. You can trade in your old mouse for a discount on new mouse. Good idea, we all have too many mice laying around at home! Time to get rid of some of them.