18. One of Logitech's famous partnership is with Google TV. They started a campaign with the tagline: “TV misses you. Television is reinvented Fall 2010.” it definitely got attention of the audience, but also caused some controversy by being a little too creepy, espeically when it is coupled with Google's inherent spying potential. The ad was later pulled out.
19. The famous partnerhship ad with Google TV, is the Logitech Revue, which starred Kevin Bacon, a stalker of Kevin Bacon. That definitely generated a lot of buzz for the product. However, not everyone is techy enough to need a controller to control TV, Web, DVRs, and Android apps. Andrea definitely don't need one.
5. Lucky for Andrea there is the invention of the mouse! In 1989, Logitech introduced the S9 Mouse, the company’s first mouse designed to fit the curve of a hand instead of the old boxy shaped ones. It was also Logitech’s first mouse to include the company’s now well-known consumer logo. In Andrea's very tech-unsavvy mind, she assumed Logitech was the only, and the best, mouse brand in the world.
12. In 2008, Logitech had shpped their one billionth mouse! To mark the occasion, they launched a contest inviting people to track the milestone mouse on Logitech's Blog. The mouse was named Billie, Each day, Billie will post online mouse-related questions and if you get a question right and you can enter a daily drawing to win a Logitech product. Andrea enter the contest, but unfortunately she never won, but she knew more about mouse after that!
3. In 1986, Logitech set up their branch office in Hsinchu, which is today's heart of technology park in Taiwan. They chose Taiwan for the easy access to the manufacturing parts and proved to be of great advantage for expanding into China years down the road. Andrea was 6 years old. Another coincidence? probably...
15. In Logitech effort to grow the vidoe conferencing business, they acquired LifeSize in 2009. Now Lifesize is Logitech's division, which is focused entirely on video conferencing for businesses. They recently launched Lifesize Cloud, which offers high-definition video chats with up to 25 people at once; support for desktop and mobile devices; and, most importantly, it runs entirely on the cloud. WOW~
25. Like many large organizations, Logitech also runs CSR campaign such as this one. You can trade in your old mouse for a discount on new mouse. Good idea, we all have too many mice laying around at home! Time to get rid of some of them.
16. In her research, Andrea came across the concept of 'Unifed Communications'. Apparently it has been a buzzword in enterprise IT for some time. And there is definitely big opportunitkies for video and audio vendors like Logitech for Business.
14. After Andrea did more digging, she realizes Logitech even have video conferencing products for a smaller company like hers. The Logitech ConferenceCam Connect is a portable all-in-one product, which is a great choice for companies who don't need or can't afford a full video conferencing system.
11. So she began searching for a good product, and guess what? everyone needs a mouse at work! So when the company purchased a bunch of Logitech wireless mouse and printed their drug name on it to give out to doctors and hospitals. Everyone loved it, you can never have enough mouse at home or at work.