The Saro Skeeter was designed in 1948 by the Cierva Autogiro Company, the first prototype flew on the 8th of October 1948, production aircraft were were eventually built by Saunders-Roe ("Saro") in Cowes and Southampton in England following their takeover of Cierva in 1951, a total of approximately 80 helicopters being produced, 64 of which were supplied to the British Army.
The Kaman HH-43 Huskie was a helicopter with intermeshing rotors used by the United States Air Force, the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps from the 1950s until the 1970s. It was primarily used for aircraft firefighting and rescue in the close vicinity of air bases, but was later utilized as a short range overland search and rescue aircraft during the Vietnam War. It featured unusual counter-rotating Rotors.
Landgraf H-2 (1944) was an American single-seat twin-rotor helicopter designed by Fred Landgraf and built by the Landgraf Helicopter Company of Los Angeles, California. Although awarded a development contract by the United States Army it was not developed and was overtaken by more advanced designs.