Pinterest • The world’s catalogue of ideas

Explore Illinois Economy, Illinois Government and more!

A new app from Open the Books focuses on the highest earners in Illinois government plus a lot more.

The Illinois economy has taken a beating since 2000, with population and job loss and unstable government taking a toll. That can change, a new report says.

Every single county in the U.S. has residents who struggle with hunger. These 25 counties face the highest levels of food insecurity in Illinois.

ILLINOIS The State of Innovation - online magazine: With its $ 670 billion economy, Illinois is an international center of global commerce. The state has leveraged its world-class transportation and logistics infrastructure, major research and higher education assets, and legacy of innovation to create a dynamic and growing economy with major segments that include advanced manufacturing, life sciences, clean energy, banking and finance, and information technology.

Today's Midwest Economy blog continues our exploration of the state of finances in Illinois--both at the state and local level. Walstrum notes, "Of the $158.2 billion unfunded pension liabilities in 2014, $104.6 billion (66%) was the responsibility of the state government and the remaining $53.6 billion (34%) was the responsibility of local governments." See what else he has learned about state and municipal finances.

DealStruck Raises $8.3 Million In Equity Financing To Grow Even If The Economy Tanks | TechCrunch

http://www.lendinguniverse.com provides services for all your lending needs in Montana. View Up-to-date videos on lending and money issues in our economy. For all your residential and commercial loan requirements, simply complete our simple form and we will deliver you fast, accurate multiple results. We are neither a lenders nor a broker we ...

Is the #Economy really to blame for state #budget shotfalls? "Poor economic conditions certainly explain some of the weakness in state government finances in recent years. However, they clearly do not explain everything. Seven states – #California, #Connecticut, #Illinois, #Louisiana, #Maryland, #NewJersey, and #NewYork – didn’t have positive net revenue between 2009-2011." #GDP — The Institute for Truth in Accounting #Debt #Chart #Infographic

The Heald Square Monument is a bronze sculpture in Heald Square, Chicago, Illinois. It depicts General George Washington, and the two principal financers of the American Revolution, Robert Morris and Haym Salomon. From 1781 to 1784, Robert Morris served as the Superintendent of Finance, managing the economy of the fledgling United States. Haym Salomon was a Polish-born Jewish American businessman and political financial broker who immigrated to New York from Poland during the American…