Tulsa Union Depot designed by R. C. Stephens, was completed in 1931. Art Deco Architecture reveals the inspiration of machinery as a theme for geometric designs. The desire for machine-like geometric clarity evident in this building became something of a mania in the 1930s. The Depot serviced as many as thirty-six trains a day in its prime. However, rail travel diminished as the years rolled by and need for the Depot’s services decreased. It ceased operation in 1967.