Ledcourt Homestead, Ledcourt (230km NW of Melbourne), is the oldest pastoral residence in the region. Built 1846-50, prob by J. Carfrae, of sandstone in Colonial Georgian style. With dramatic views to the Grampians, it was sketched by Lt Gov La Trobe, visiting in 1850, and described by Marcus Clarke in 1866 as a "fearfully rocky mountainous spot surrounded by magnificent scenery." Italianate additions made by architect G.C. Inskip in 1875. Remains largely unaltered and in good condition.