The Crystal River Grist Mill in Waupaca, Wisconsin, was established in 1855 and is now a tourist attraction with an outstanding gift shop and attractive acres which include a wedding chapel and a covered bridge across the river.
This quaint and cozy restaurant in Two Rivers, Wisconsin used to actually be an Cities Service and Enco gas station. Although from inside it's almost hard to believe, the size, shape, and positioning of the building are all hallmarks of a petroleum-r Superb restaurant.
The Red Mill's covered bridge has completely refurbished from the natural wood and mossy shingled roof structure which stood for years. It's a beautiful bridge which should stand proudly for another 25 years.
The Neenah, Wisconsin, clocktower and city hall were built in 1888. The clocktower is all that remains. The building is in the Romanesque Revival style. It stands at 110 feet tall.
The original building was a carpentry shop, which was built in 1898 over the mill race of the Crystal River so the current could generate power. The shop was moved across the road around 1901, was painted white, and became the General Store and then later dubbed The Rural Store.
The Red Mill: The mill was built in 1855 to grind grain for the on the Crystal River. Two metal waterwheels were employed — one for grinding flour, cornmeal, and graham flour, and the second for livestock feed grinding. The Crystal River Mill ran for over 100 years until closing and being sold at auction in 1959.