Prayer at the Muhammad Ali Mosque, Cairo - By Alphons Leopold Mielich (Austrian, 1863 - 1929) - Oil on canvas. The Muhammad Ali Mosque is built after the Blue Mosque in Istanbul and it is known as The Alabaster Mosque because of the decoration of its facade. It was built between 1830 and 1848. Initially the French architect Pascal Coste was hired but then for unknown reason, Mohamed Ali changed his mind and hired Yusuf Bushnaq as an architect of the mosque.
A street in Cairo 1840 By Robert Hay - British, 1799-1863 From Illustration of Cairo , 1840 Robert Hay was one of the pioneers of Egyptology. He first visited Egypt in 1824, and returned "as one of the leading members of an archaeological expedition between 1826 and 1838
India by Edwin Lord Weeks (1849-1903) - The Return of the Imperial Court from the Great Mosque at Delhi • The Rajah at the Palace of Amber (c.1888) • Elephants and figures in a courtyard , Fort Agra (c.1899)