Lighthouse on Tasman Island ~ The Tasman Island Lighthouse is on Tasman Island off the coast of south-eastern Tasmania, Australia. It was one of the most isolated lighthouses in Australia. It was built in 1906, automated in 1976 and demanned in 1977. The island is now part of the Tasman National Park.
Bay of Fires The Bay of Fires is a bay on the northeastern coast of Tasmania in Australia, extending from Binalong Bay to Eddystone Point. The bay was given its name in 1773 by Captain Tobias Furneaux, who saw the fires of Aboriginal people on the beaches.